turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

deerlane5

My taxable income is 69,675. On line 11, 1040, there is no tax calculated. Line 11a has a zero in it. I should owe at least 10%. ???????

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
susan3238

My taxable income is 69,675. On line 11, 1040, there is no tax calculated. Line 11a has a zero in it. I should owe at least 10%. ???????

your tax owed is based on what ends up on line 10 of the 1040. If that is 69,675 then you should review the steps you took during entering the information.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
susan3238

your tax owed is based on what ends up on line 10 of the 1040. If that is 69,675 then you should review the steps you took during entering the information.
deerlane5

what does that mean? I have reviewed the steps, that is why i'm asking the question. Is this a program flaw? TT should have calculated a number. Is there something wrong with the program?

I had same problem!  I found another forum post which explained that if your income is predominantly or completely CAP.GAINS (and also below a certain level) you don't have to pay the tax that's show in the tax table.  I guess I never had this situation before so I imagined it might be a TT bug.  Apparently that's not true.  Behavior as designed.  Interesting.
deerlane5

Yes, my income is all dividend income, so zero may be correct but I need an answer.  I tested it again and downloaded my data into a test return and it came out zero again. I filed an extension. I am going to check with a tax professional and the IRS before I push the submit button.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies