turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jernstes

What does "did you make any payments in 2018 that would require you to file form 1099 " from schedule C , line I mean?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TomK
Expert Alumni

What does "did you make any payments in 2018 that would require you to file form 1099 " from schedule C , line I mean?

If you made any payment in 2018 that would require you to file any Forms 1099, check the “Yes” box. Otherwise, check the “No” box. 

You may have to file information returns for wages paid to employees, certain payments of fees and other nonemployee compensation, interest, rents, royalties, real estate transactions, annuities, and pensions. You also may have to file an information return if you sold $5,000 or more of consumer products to a person on a buy-sell, deposit-commission, or other similar basis for resale.

For more information - 2018 Instructions for Schedule C Profit or Loss From Businesshttps://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040sc.pdf

[Edited 3/05/19 | 10:52am]

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TomK
Expert Alumni

If you made any payment in 2018 that would require you to file any Forms 1099, check the “Yes” box. Otherwise, check the “No” box. 

You may have to file information returns for wages paid to employees, certain payments of fees and other nonemployee compensation, interest, rents, royalties, real estate transactions, annuities, and pensions. You also may have to file an information return if you sold $5,000 or more of consumer products to a person on a buy-sell, deposit-commission, or other similar basis for resale.

For more information - 2018 Instructions for Schedule C Profit or Loss From Businesshttps://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040sc.pdf

[Edited 3/05/19 | 10:52am]

TomK
Expert Alumni

Please see updated answer.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies