ioanaaldea

What do I do if my account is closed?

ddaven12

What do I do if my account is closed?

If you are referring to your bank account and you have already e-filed your tax return, you would have to first wait and see if your tax return is accepted or rejected. If your return is rejected you can go back and change the refund method and/or banking information. 

If accepted the IRS will first attempt to deposit your refund into the bank account. Since the account is closed, the IRS will then send you a paper check in the mail. As an alternative, you can contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 for assistance in stopping the direct deposit.

ddaven12

What do I do if my account is closed?