kcboyle302

What are the boxes at the bottom transaction section of the Form 1099-B worksheet used for?

KathrynG3

Yes, I see rows of boxes, some checked and some not. These are automatically populated as necessary but typically not something to adjust. The strong recommendation is to use the Step by Step mode to enter your details. 

If you are experiencing an error such as that an otherwise accurate sale was missing info, please see this article from the community and my answer: Return no errors. Form 1099-B Worksheet shows line #19: Calculated results: This sale is missing inf...

@kcboyle302

kcboyle302

That did not answer the question. The boxes are there for some reason. I would like to understand their purpose so that I can properly review the form.