turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

We reside in Oregon we are retired military and pay no taxes on either our income or social security how can I get rid of the state tax filing and only file Federal?????

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

We reside in Oregon we are retired military and pay no taxes on either our income or social security how can I get rid of the state tax filing and only file Federal?????

Return to the STATE tab and delete the unwanted state return. 

But...you might still have to file  OR tax forms.....even if no tax is assessed.  Many states use the same type of "filing" requirement.

You would be required to file the OR forms ..IF...

1) you are required to file a Federal tax return, a form OR-40 must also be filed for OR.

..OR...

2)  Your Gross income is greater than the amounts in the OR minimum filing table  (that's before any of the SS & military retirement is excluded...but not sure if OR uses line 7 or line 9 of the OR-40))

https://www.oregon.gov/dor/programs/individuals/Pages/file-requirements.aspx

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies