turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I haven't received my 1099-R just yet I only have the Earnings statement thus far so I'm aware of how much I withdrew. What should I do because it's not accepting?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
LindaA
Expert Alumni

I haven't received my 1099-R just yet I only have the Earnings statement thus far so I'm aware of how much I withdrew. What should I do because it's not accepting?

Wait until you receive the 1099-R. If the 1099-R isn't on its way to you, contact the plan administrator and request a copy because you won't be able to e-file your return without it. If the administrator refuses to send it to you, you'll have to file a paper return with a substitute 1099-R (Form 4582) and include a statement describing what you did to try to get the form and attesting that you were unable to get it.

TurboTax provides help along the way when you prepare a substitute 1099-R and the accompanying statement. When prompted to "Tell us which 1099-R you have", be sure to check I need to prepare a substitute 1099-R. (Click the screenshot below to enlarge it for reference.) The click the Learn More link for assistance. Throughout the interview, you can click the blue links for guidance. 

Where do I enter my 1099-R?    https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4194737
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies