Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do I enter 1099-K federal income tax withheld info.If on the other taxes section, withholding not already entered on a W-2 or 1099, how does the IRS know it is mine

The federal tax withheld is for a Schedule C business, with its own taxpayer ID no.  Is that how the IRS can verify and compare to the 1099-K that was submitted?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RichardK

Where do I enter 1099-K federal income tax withheld info.If on the other taxes section, withholding not already entered on a W-2 or 1099, how does the IRS know it is mine

Yes, you can enter the withholding tax from the 1099-K in the withholding not already entered on a W-2 or 1099, or you can enter the 1099-K on the 1099-MISC page. The IRS recognized that the business EIN is associated with your SSN.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RichardK

Yes, you can enter the withholding tax from the 1099-K in the withholding not already entered on a W-2 or 1099, or you can enter the 1099-K on the 1099-MISC page. The IRS recognized that the business EIN is associated with your SSN.

TurboTaxRichardK - are you a TurboTax employee, or a TurboTax user?
Chullo

When I do this TurboTax enters it as withholding from other sources. Then the IRS sends me a letter saying show us the form that this came from. So how do you get it listed as tax withheld on 1099 so there is no question were it came from?

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

To report the tax withheld on your 1099-K follow these steps.

1. Sign in to you account if it is not open
  2. Select the Deductions & Credits Tab
  3. Scroll down to Estimates and other taxes 
  4. On the line Income taxes paid click on Start/revisit
  5. On the next page scroll down to  Other Income taxes paid in 2021
  6. Click Start on the line Withholding not already entered on a W-2 or 1099
  7. Follow the screen prompts to enter the tax withheld on your Form 1099-K

@Chullo

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies