Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbotax keeps sending me to a Check this entry screen/Pension Deduction Worksheet for my Michigan taxes re Covid19 401k withdrawal. Why wont it let me correct it?

Screenshot 2021-03-01 124924.png

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Turbotax keeps sending me to a Check this entry screen/Pension Deduction Worksheet for my Michigan taxes re Covid19 401k withdrawal. Why wont it let me correct it?

This is a known issue for the state of Michigan. The engineers are working on it as fast as possible so you can proceed.

This is what is happening: Every state is different. Michigan does conform to the federal rule about an early pension/IRA withdrawal. The 10% early withdrawal penalty is waived and the tax on the withdrawal is paid over three years. Other states do not conform at all, some states conform to part of the new legislation. 

Form MI-1040 brings over the Federal Adjusted Gross Income as usual, which would include only one third of the total early pension/IRA withdrawal. The Pension worksheet will be updated as soon as possible to match this. Since the worksheet currently does not match the state form, TurboTax is warning you to wait for that the worksheet before e-filing the state.

For more information, see: How are my taxes affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic?

@dulvalius

Is it safe to send my federal through or shoukd i wait

I (from Michigan) am having the same issue as everyone else ... Except Turbo Tax accepted payment from me BEFORE telling me it could NOT file my MI state return via efile.  So, now I am stuck waiting for Turbo Tax as I paid already!

Yep same here....didnt hesitate to take my money.  Hope this gets fixed soon.

Bald_guy
Returning Member

I had no issues with Federal at all. 
Just that pesky State issue. 
With this many people with this issue, it’s sure to get fixed soon…. 🤞 

Please let us know when this is fixed.

Uncodao

Same here. I thought for a brief second of deleting and filing the state and federal separately and then remember... oh wait I already paid. 
Very frustrating!

It would be good customer service Turbo Tax to update us when this is fixed!!!  We paid you for the program ...it should be up to you to notify us or at least give us an eta.  The error for Michigan is not a crazy error please fix so we can file our taxes!! Thank you

Do you have a fix date?

How can we get an update when this is fixed?

I’m in the same boat. If I try and e-file my federal separately, then the program states that I can’t file my Michigan tax through e-file. I would have to mail it in. I’m going to wait, but I’m very frustrated.

Lets go Turbotax, get off your asses and fix this, people want there money.!

This will be the last year i file with your horrible company.  Been with you guys for over 15 years....you wont be receiving my money anymore.  I should have never paid first,  im kicking myself in the ass for doing that, now im commited to wait for tour slow so called "engineers" to fix a simple mistake in state tax form tgats been recognized for over a month now.

Very poor service.  I will not reconmend turbotax to no one.

Same problem here, only with New York state return. So, I just e-filed Federal only. I guess we wait until state is fixed and then can e-file that one?

I was finally able to e-file state today (3/10) MI state return. So at least for Michigan it looks like the issue has been fixed 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies