Turbotax is asking for Form 5498 but I did not receive one, and looking at my tax forms online they did not create one for my trad IRA as it was moved from one trad IRA account to another

PaulaM

Form 5498-IRA reports your contributions to an IRA. Form 5498 is not entered directly in TurboTax. If you made an IRA contribution separate from the rollover, then report it in the IRA section.

If you received a 1099-R, then enter that form in TurboTax exactly as it is reported.

You may receive the Form 5498 later. IRA custodians have until 5/31/17 to furnish you a copy. This is because you can contribute for the previous year up to the due date, 4/18/17. If you need some other information on Form 5498, call the IRA custodian and inquire.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing