knred

Turbo tax calculated that I could receive a credit for retirement savings contributions (credit of $XXX) it also asks if I had a distribution from a qualified plan...does a distribution from an IRA -DBA I inherited count as a distribution from qualified p

AndreaG

It depends. If you are a nonspouse beneficiary, then this distribution will NOT reduce your eligible contributions. Answer no to the question, if this is the only distribution that you have taken from any of the retirement plans that are listed, after 2013 and before the due date of the 2016 tax return. Please refer to page 48 of Pub 590A under the heading, "reducing eligible contributions" for additional clarification. https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p590a.pdf

AndreaG

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing