Took an IRA QCD. Previously, IRS wrote that I owed more tax. Had to send documentation. After I efile, can I mail supporting information about the QCD with my tax check?

I would like to send documentation about the Qualified Charitable Distribution now instead of waiting a year to hear from the IRS. Twice (a year later) they have said I owed more money. After I sent the documentation, all was ok. I would like a way to send the information now.

If using the CD/download version. you can switch to the forms mode and select the 1040 Worksheet.

Line 4 has a "Explain" button where you can enter an explanation of the line 4b amount that will be part of your tax return on a separate page.

You cannot attach anything though.

You cannot attach anything though.

Great! That works. Thanks very much.