turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm self employed and I got a 1099 and I gave someone a 1099 and it won't let me put her info in as a deduction

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DeniseF1

I'm self employed and I got a 1099 and I gave someone a 1099 and it won't let me put her info in as a deduction

To e nter the expense for hiring contract labor, please follow these steps:

Go back into your business return

1. Click on the Business tab > Continue > I'll choose what to work on
  2. On the Let’s gather your business info screen, in the Business Income and Expenses section, click the Start/Updatebutton.  [See Screenshot #1, attached.]
  3. If you have already started adding information about your business, you will see the Here's the business info we have so far screen.  Click on the Edit box next to the business.  [Screenshot #2]
  4. If you haven't already started adding business information, continue through the screens to enter the needed information.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DeniseF1

To e nter the expense for hiring contract labor, please follow these steps:

Go back into your business return

1. Click on the Business tab > Continue > I'll choose what to work on
  2. On the Let’s gather your business info screen, in the Business Income and Expenses section, click the Start/Updatebutton.  [See Screenshot #1, attached.]
  3. If you have already started adding information about your business, you will see the Here's the business info we have so far screen.  Click on the Edit box next to the business.  [Screenshot #2]
  4. If you haven't already started adding business information, continue through the screens to enter the needed information.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies