The IRS has changed their requirement for how to report retirement without a 1099-R. This year, you will enter it as "Other Income." (Instructions are below.) The end tax result (will be identical to the results you previously achieved with the substitute 1099-R.
- Choose the Federal return and the Wages & Income tab.
- Scroll down to Less Common Income and Show more.
- Choose Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C.
- Choose Other Reportable Income and say Yes.
- The screen says "Do not enter income reported on Form 1099-MISC", this is where you will enter the description of your pension and the amount you received.