turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I just contributed to my Vanguard Roth this afternoon, and I contributed $320 to much... what do I do?

I am not eligible to contribution to a traditional IRA.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I just contributed to my Vanguard Roth this afternoon, and I contributed $320 to much... what do I do?

you'll have to contact Vanguard and tell them you want a return of excess contribution and the earnings on it. They'll tell you what form to submit.

Thanks

If you do it promptly your earnings may be zero.
galavizmi

This contribution will not affect your 2018 taxes as it has been done in 2019.

Vanguard breaks out the contributions by year... the website says I have no more to contribute for 2018 ans $7000 to contribute for 2019...  does the IRS get notified what year a contribution is for?
galavizmi

You will be sent IRA information from Vanguard to enter for your taxes each year. Please see the IRS website regarding IRA contributions - <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/retirement-plans/retirement-plans-faqs-regarding-iras-contributions">https://www...>.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies