`

This 1099 mis is from the uaw legal services provided the 17.30 is a taxable fringe benefit that is not being accepted on my return whats up?????

This is taxable as Other Income and is NOT subject to employment taxes.  To enter it on your return, follow the instructions below:

• Sign into your return and Take me to my return.
  • Choose the Federal return and the Wages & Income tab.
  • Scroll down to Less Common Income and Show more.
  • Choose Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C.
  • Choose Other Reportable Income and say Yes.
  • Even though the screen says "Do not enter income reported on Form 1099-MISC", this is where you will enter the description "1099-MISC for Taxable Fringe Benefit," the amount you received, and choose who received it, if you are married.

I think it's a rip-off for someone filing free because there a retiree to be charged just because of a 17.30 1099-misc.  I'm not happy.  I'll check other services.

I have deleted the 1099-Misc info, but the Schedule C still wants info.  How do I remove the info I initially entered from the Schedule C.  When "Smart Checking" return, it fails - it wants info that was not present on the 1099-Misc.
I have entered the info into Other Reportable Income as noted above.

So this goes under Less Common Income misc income 1099A, 1099C

I have a number in there that you can not override. I have tried and nothing works to change that number. 
other income not already reported on a form W-2 or form 1099 I am trying to put $25.00 in and I can not.

I had put the UAW legal services in under income from Form 1099 Misc and it transferred to Misc income , 1099A, 1099C you can delete everything you put in but  it will not zero out number transferred to  Misc income.  It is like once there it is permanent so you can not over ride

Try this to delete the the 1099-Misc and the Schedule C created.  Afterwards follow the steps above to enter as "Other Income".

1.  Click "Tax Tools" in the left hand menu

2.  Click "Tools" in the left hand menu

3.  Click "Delete a Form" in the center screen

4.  Find the 1099-Misc and "Delete"

5.  Confirm "Delete" and then "Back"

6.  Find the "Schedule C Worksheet" "Delete" Confirm "Delete" and "Back"

7.  Find the "Schedule C" and  "Delete" Confirm "Delete"  Continue