babbel5

Thinking of pulling some funds from my retirement account, understanding that would be taxable but exactly how does it effect one when filling taxes in 2019.

From what?  A 401K or an IRA?  It will add to your income and be taxable and may push you into a higher tax bracket.  And if you are under 59 1/2 there is an 10% Early Withdrawal Penalty unless you have an exception.  So you can lose like up to 50% with taxes and penalties.  It's usually not a good idea to take a withdrawal.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

if it's an employer 401k,  the plan may permit  loans to participants.     if so, you'll have to make payments including interest and it must be repaid in 5 years otherwise any non-repaid amount becomes taxable.  the advantage of a loan is that it is not taxable and there is no early withdrawal penalty.  speak to your human resource department.