Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The state box (10a) is empty and is missing from the drop-down list in TurboTax. (Nevada) But the website says "Needs info" cannot add it from the list, it's missing.

Turbo Tax system is asking for info in Box 10a, but the state is not in the list to add from. It keeps asking to review for this info, but cannot add.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The state box (10a) is empty and is missing from the drop-down list in TurboTax. (Nevada) But the website says "Needs info" cannot add it from the list, it's missing.

State entry is not required, as the state does not take these benefits. And as the issue is with a drop down menu, manually typing is not possible. I have confirmed with the tech support that this is a programming error on the site. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

I'm not sure what form you are trying to make this entry on, but it sounds like you require a State entry.  You can simply type the two letter abbreviation (NV) for the state.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

State entry is not required, as the state does not take these benefits. And as the issue is with a drop down menu, manually typing is not possible. I have confirmed with the tech support that this is a programming error on the site. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies