Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The social security office state I will never receive an SSA-1099 for spousal benefit and no details will appear on an online account.

I have no social security credits so I get spousal benefit from my spouse's record. My social security benefit is around $70 per month which goes direct to Medicare. The social security office state I will never receive an SSA-1099 or benefit rise notification and no details will appear on an online account. I therefore have no exact amount of benefit income.  How do I deal with this on Turbotax?  Also how do I enter medicare Part B payments on Turbotax if not on 1099 page?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieH1

The social security office state I will never receive an SSA-1099 for spousal benefit and no details will appear on an online account.

If you did not receive an SSA-1099, then you do not need to add that to TurboTax.  The social security office will not generally send a SSA-1099 that only lists Medicare Part B.  If you are aware of what you paid, then you can go ahead and enter that in TurboTax using the following instructions

At right upper corner, in search box , type in medical insurance and press Enter /

3.  Select the 1st choice on the search results - Jump to medical insurance /

4.  Program will take you directly to Medical Expenses section starting with prescriptions -continue through the screens until you see Enter Insurance Premiums - enter information

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JulieH1

If you did not receive an SSA-1099, then you do not need to add that to TurboTax.  The social security office will not generally send a SSA-1099 that only lists Medicare Part B.  If you are aware of what you paid, then you can go ahead and enter that in TurboTax using the following instructions

At right upper corner, in search box , type in medical insurance and press Enter /

3.  Select the 1st choice on the search results - Jump to medical insurance /

4.  Program will take you directly to Medical Expenses section starting with prescriptions -continue through the screens until you see Enter Insurance Premiums - enter information

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies