Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The program states that my income in the 1040 shows $0.00, as it does in the program, but I have added income and it does show individually, just not a total for 2023

It looks like TurboTax is not adding the income I have input.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

The program states that my income in the 1040 shows $0.00, as it does in the program, but I have added income and it does show individually, just not a total for 2023

What kind of income did you enter?  Is anything on 1040 lines 1-10?  

If you only get Social Security it is not taxable and you don't have to file a return.  

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

Perhaps the program is showing you your TAXABLE income. 

To clarify, what documents are you entering? 1099-R? W-2? 1099? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am entering 1099 INT, interest from 3 banks.  It shows all three banks with amounts in the program, but at the end with the review the total shows $0.00

0.00 might be your Taxable Income.  Don't go by the review or summary screens.  Look at the actual 1040 return.  Interest is on line 2b.

Before filing,  You can preview the 1040 or print the whole return

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/accessing/help/how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-f...

No, I don't collect SS.  My only income is the interest that I make from 3 banks.  I have entered those in the Turbo Tax program, but at the review, it says the total is $0.00, but it should read roughly $8,000

If that is your total income and you are Single you get a Standard Deduction of 13,850.  That makes your taxable income zero.  You don't have to file a return except to get back any withholding taken out.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies