Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

patmike23

The extension payment on line 71 is not the same amount i entered and stays the same even if i zero out the entered amount. Is this a known issue?

No matter what amount i enter to pay with my extension, the amount on line 71 stays the same $1060.  The program is assuming i have paid that amount and reduces my owed taxes accordingly.  Any help?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MichaelMc

The extension payment on line 71 is not the same amount i entered and stays the same even if i zero out the entered amount. Is this a known issue?

Line 71 is not a field into which you should be directly entering an amount.

Line 71 on Schedule 5 (Form 1040) is populated with the amount that you indicated you will pay with your extension during the portion of the TurboTax interview in which you request the filing of Form 4868 Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.

If you need to adjust the amount you will be paying, return to that section of the interview. Please do not override or otherwise try to force a result into Line 71.

patmike23

Line 71 contains an amount that i DID NOT enter in the interview.  No matter what amount i enter, Line 71 continues to show the same amount $1060.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies