turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Chris_57

The 1099-G form has a box for Federal Income Tax Withheld but I was not able to enter this anywhere.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

The 1099-G form has a box for Federal Income Tax Withheld but I was not able to enter this anywhere.

Check the box, Federal or state income tax was withheld on this payment, located just below the state box for a 1099-G for unemployment or family leave. Look for a similar box if you received a 1099-G other than for unemployment/family leave. It looks similar to the one in the attached example below.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Check the box, Federal or state income tax was withheld on this payment, located just below the state box for a 1099-G for unemployment or family leave.

Look for a similar box if you received a 1099-G other than for unemployment/family leave. It looks similar to the one in the attached example below.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
srs47

In Turbo tax for tax year 2020 there is no box to check for Federal or State income withheld.  The only way to enter it at this time is to click on "forms" in the top ribbon.  Then select the 1099-G form and then enter the tax withheld directly into the 1099-G form,

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Please follow these steps for entering federal and state income tax withholding on Form 1099-G.

TurboTax Online 

On the screen, Now fill in the rest of your 1099-G details, Box 4 is for Federal income tax withheld and Box 11 is for State income tax withheld.  See screenshot below,

TurboTax CD/Download

1. On the screen, What's the total amount you received on your 1099-G, mark the box Federal or state income tax was withheld on this payment.  [It is located just below the State selection box.]  [See screenshot below.]
  2. Enter any withholding on the next screen.  [See screenshot below.]

mparedes6666
Returning Member

thanks, no box to check on federal turbo tax deluxe, just info for box 1. I think is right to add federal income tax withheld directly to the form section.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies