turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Should I enter any info. from a 1099-R form on my return when I NO distributions were taken, & no taxable income. was direct rollovers to existing IRA and ROTH.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelDC

Should I enter any info. from a 1099-R form on my return when I NO distributions were taken, & no taxable income. was direct rollovers to existing IRA and ROTH.

Yes. Although this may not be taxable income, the IRS expects to see it reported as such. Entering them does transfer numbers to the 1040 even though they are not taxable.

Note: enter all 1099-R exactly as reported on the printed form. TurboTax will ask you followup questions if necessary, but probably not for Code G.

Please feel free to post any additional details or questions in the comment section. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MichaelDC

Yes. Although this may not be taxable income, the IRS expects to see it reported as such. Entering them does transfer numbers to the 1040 even though they are not taxable.

Note: enter all 1099-R exactly as reported on the printed form. TurboTax will ask you followup questions if necessary, but probably not for Code G.

Please feel free to post any additional details or questions in the comment section. 

That info. helps. Thanks!
MichaelDC

More than a pleasure. Good Luck!
Manage cookies