turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRA Contributions

I am not sure where do I get information about IRA. I can track the amount I have contributed for IRA looking at the site. But I havent received any form as mentioned on tax filing question. How do I make sure the info I am inserting is correct
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

IRA Contributions

You do not contribute to an IRA from your paycheck.   You might have an employer sponsored retirement plan such as a 401(k) or 401(k) Roth, but those are not IRA's.  They are only reported in  box 12 on you W-2 and nowhere else.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

View solution in original post

4 Replies

IRA Contributions

What are you inserting?   Did you make a new IRA contribution?
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

IRA Contributions

No its the amount I am contributing from my paycheck.Does W2 form itself comes deducting my contibutions

IRA Contributions

You do not contribute to an IRA from your paycheck.   You might have an employer sponsored retirement plan such as a 401(k) or 401(k) Roth, but those are not IRA's.  They are only reported in  box 12 on you W-2 and nowhere else.

IRA Contributions

Thanks for the info
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies