If I received a 1099-R after I submitted my taxes, but the taxable amount is $0 and the distribution code is H (rollover), do I need to file an amended return?

I already submitted my 2017 taxes and they were accepted. Two days later, i received a 1099-R with $0 taxable amount and distribution code of H (Transfer of Roth distribution to Roth IRA).

When I did the amended return with Turbo Tax, the summary states, "We don't detect any differences between your original 2017 return and your amended return." So do I still need to send in an amended return?

Code H in box 7 of your form 1099-X means that it was a direct rollover of a Roth IRA to another Roth IRA. This rollover is not taxable. I would advise that you do not need to file an amended return. The IRS has a copy of your 1099-R but will know from the code in box 7 that it is not taxable. Just keep your 1099-R in your tax records for at least three years.

It's a rollover to a Roth IRA from a Designated Roth Account in a qualified retirement plan like a 401(k), not from a Roth IRA.  As TurboTaxMinhT said, the IRS should recognize it as being nontaxable, but keep your transaction records in case the IRS questions the rollover.

Thank you!