Employee Tax Expert
This widget could not be displayed.

Retirement tax questions

Code H in box 7 of your form 1099-X means that it was a direct rollover of a Roth IRA to another Roth IRA. This rollover is not taxable. I would advise that you do not need to file an amended return. The IRS has a copy of your 1099-R but will know from the code in box 7 that it is not taxable. Just keep your 1099-R in your tax records for at least three years.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post