Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jmgar

Tell Us the Value of Your Traditional IRA-- I'm still confused. Do I add rollover and Roth End of Year total balances here? Including my wife's? No 5498 until May

Not sure if this should be a total for the value of all of a couples  IRAs including rollovers, Roths and 401-ks
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
dmertz
Level 15

Tell Us the Value of Your Traditional IRA-- I'm still confused. Do I add rollover and Roth End of Year total balances here? Including my wife's? No 5498 until May

When asked for your year-end balance include only your own IRAs, not your wife's.  Include all traditional IRAs including SEP, SIMPLE and rollover traditional IRAs.  Do not include Roth IRAs or any other account that are not a type of traditional IRA.

If TurboTax needs to know your wife's total year-end balance in traditional IRAs, TurboTax will separately ask for that.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
dmertz
Level 15

When asked for your year-end balance include only your own IRAs, not your wife's.  Include all traditional IRAs including SEP, SIMPLE and rollover traditional IRAs.  Do not include Roth IRAs or any other account that are not a type of traditional IRA.

If TurboTax needs to know your wife's total year-end balance in traditional IRAs, TurboTax will separately ask for that.

Would I also include the total from my 401k or just my IRA?
dmertz
Level 15

Just your traditional IRAs.  A 401(k) is not an IRA.

thank you!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies