Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Excess 401K contribution, withdrawn, W2 correction? need Taxreturns help

Can someone from TurboTax please comment here on whether this issue will be fixed by 4/12?

Where or how can you print out the info. and forms that you already fill out via Turbo Tax in case paper filing is the only option?

In the File interview, choose file by mail.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Thank you Macuser.  Do I need to pay Turbo Tax for that?

For the paid online versions the cost is the same whether e-filed or mail filled - the cost is for the use of the software.   You cannot print until you pay.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Thank you Macuser
mrm312

@macuser_22, i'm using Mac Desktop as well and I'm still not able to file...you were able to get it to work? I'm on Mojave (Version 10.14.4 (18E226))
bnajari

I don't know why you people are going through the trouble of paper filing. I gave TurboTax until last Friday to fix this glitch (how hard can it be?). When they updated this page with the solution being to paper file, I called them up, got a refund, and used a competitor (initials T and A). Efiled without an issue a few hours later. When I called up Intuit to get the refund I didn't even reference this issue. I just said I would not be using their service. Piece of cake.

@mrm312 - The 4/5 update did not fix it.  The current workaround it to print ans mail.
mrm312

Apologies, I read your comment from 2 days ago and interpreted that to mean you were able to do it - "It appears to be fixed with the desktop update.  Online should be updated today - before midnight."

I could finally get all the way to the Transmit now button that I did not want to press and file a dummy tax return.   It seems that if the Transmit now button is pressed TT makes a final error check and when  it finds that error it aborts the transmission and tells you to fix the error.
vincyc

The same is happening to me. Frustrating.
mrm312

@bnajari, I'm leaning towards doing the same...
mjolley9

Still unable to efile using browser / online version....this is ridiculous
cmulroy

I called support again last night and this time they did not indicate that it will be fixed, they are just saying print and mail.  So I got a refund and did the painful printout.  Not doing this again next year.....
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies