Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If I am under a up to 60 day chosen review .will it take the whole 60 days or is it resolved sometimes sooner ?

Are you serious? I was going to call a tax advocate if I don't get answers tomorrow. My 60 was up today so I'll call tomorrow.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If I am under a up to 60 day chosen review .will it take the whole 60 days or is it resolved sometimes sooner ?

The one I called said they won’t help with out proof of a hardship. But then again that is the one that was on the bottom of the notice IRS want me. I’m hoping when I get up something has changed but if not then another call to the irs again. If u know of another advocate please share I have no clue where to look for one.

I think they are all from the same place unfortunately. What a joke this is. Under my transcripts it still has none of my w2 filed. I don't understand this at all. I had 4 w2's! One job went out of business, unemployment after that, I worked at a coffee shop and hated it so I quit, then the job I'm at now! Why are none of them there?!

How did u see your transcripts? Is there a way to see what they have done?? This is all a joke for sure.

I do it online. Get irs transcript. Honestly it hasn't changed in the 2 months I have been checking. There is a code 570 that means additional account action pending. And I have to wait for it to be gone.

My 60 days is up today, called the Irs and my representative told me that he has a file a request to the review dept to see why I havent received my tax refund yet and was told that it will take the review dept additional 60 days to respond to this request which puts me up to June 30 2018.

What I'm wondering is if they still have to pay is the interest if we have to wait the 60 more days and it's past the 45 day period of 4/17

No clue about anything anymore, As my representative stated to me, at this phase the additional 60days, its just a waiting game now, my return can show up tomorrow,or sometime before June 30

I called last Friday 4/27 and they said that on the 25th a referral was made to the dept to release my money because my time frame had expired. They put a note on my account for me call back tomorrow 5/2 which is 7 days from the referral to see if any updates had occurred. If not then the time frame is 30 days from the date of the referral. So pretty much no more info is needed from me and now I am just waiting for the hold to be released.
kell6262

My 60 days is up today, no money no update on wmr! So guess I'll be calling it's to see if I'll have to wait another 60 days! I'm almost ready to just give up and move on...

I hear ya 100%

Same here. It's almost like a bonus now. If it comes it's like winning the lottery. 1 in a million.

I called the irs today and they said that they where really backed up with all the reviews... mines got a referral in to be released in 60 days.... really another 60 days...... I just wish they are understanding as we are when people owe them

I called and they told me that I have a pending release. That it should post within 14 days from the 30th on the website when I’ll receive it and then 7-14 days after it posts it will be in my account. I had a referral put in on the 24th and the 25th a message got sent saying to release it and then today it’s pending. They said it is a 30 days period from the start of them Releasing it til I get it. It’s been a pain in the butt however finally something is happening.

That Is good. I will have to call tomorrow. I've been dreading it because I'm so frustrated with all the bullshit.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies