Solved: State of Michigan return. Form 4884 for the $20,000 per person pension deduction. Where is it in turbo tax? I can not find it when reviewing. Thanks for any help

State of Michigan return. Form 4884 for the $20,000 per person pension deduction. Where is it in turbo tax? I can not find it when reviewing. Thanks for any help

You will want to verify your selection in the Retirement and Pension Benefits section of your Michigan State tax return.  Your selection for the Type of retirement and pension benefit is what allows the subtraction from Form 4884 to occur.  If you choose Type N,other income subject to Michigan Tax was designated it will not calculate the subtraction

If your pension is eligible to be subtracted from taxable income pursuant to the MI state income tax guidelines, you would need to choose the applicable type (M, R, G, P or C) next to Type in that screen

Click on screenshot below for details

Here are the steps to verify and/or change your choice for the Type of Retirement and Pension Benefits in Michigan:

·         Sign into your account and click Take me to my return

·         Click on State (in left menu column) and select Continue

·         Select Edit next to Michigan under Status of your state returns

·         Select Edit next to your Retirement Income

·         Select Revisit next to Retirement Income and Pension Deduction

·         Select Edit next to the Retirement form under Retirement Income and Pension Summary

·         Verify and/or change your choice next to Type (click on screenshot below for details)

If you need additional assistance, please comment and I will assist further.

Click on screenshot below for details