turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

PaulBr

I closed an IRA from LPL financial in 2017. Funds were moved directly to Fidelity IRA. LPL did not complete the recipient info. Am I the recipient or is Fidelity?

If Fidelity is the recipient, can I just take the info from my fidelity statement?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I closed an IRA from LPL financial in 2017. Funds were moved directly to Fidelity IRA. LPL did not complete the recipient info. Am I the recipient or is Fidelity?

4 Replies

What code is in box 7?

Did they even issue a 1099-R for the trustee to trustee transfer ?
PaulBr

Thank you both for your replies, it opened new questions to explore.  As it turns out, Turbo Tax auto generated the form because I had one in 2016 and did not explicitly delete it from what was carried over to 2017.  The auto generated form had all blanks for amounts and explains why there was confusion on recipient.  once I deleted LPL as a source of income, the turbo tax final review went without issue.  Thanks again for your time!

Solved.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies