turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed a "removal of excess roth ira contributions form" with my broker and returned the amount to my margin account. Now my 1099 for my Roth indicates this transaction

I filed a "removal of excess roth ira contributions form" with my broker and returned the amount to my margin account. Now my 1099 for my Roth indicates this transaction as a distribution which it isn’t. It’s a return of funds. Even though my 1099 lists this amount as non-taxable it may still put me in a higher income bracket which determines my Healthcare subsidy.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
NancyG

I filed a "removal of excess roth ira contributions form" with my broker and returned the amount to my margin account. Now my 1099 for my Roth indicates this transaction

Since your broker issued the 1099, the IRS will be expecting it on your return.  

You should contact your broker and discuss the situation.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
NancyG

Since your broker issued the 1099, the IRS will be expecting it on your return.  

You should contact your broker and discuss the situation.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies