Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

crodgxxx

Why is the amount in 1040 block 4a $83,074 and the taxable amount block 4b $1,670,629?

The screen on the Income Summary looks OK.  But when I get to the "Done with Income" screen, the $1,670,6297 shows up.  Grand total my wife and I only grossed a little over $104,000.  No wages - only retirement benefits and Social Security. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
pk
Level 15
Level 15

Why is the amount in 1040 block 4a $83,074 and the taxable amount block 4b $1,670,629?

since you are on a windows machine, go to the forms mode ( on the top ribbon select "edit" and then from the drop down select "forms") and go through the form1040 and then schedule-1  and follow through to see where the error is coming from.  Do not make corrections on the forms . Once you know where the error is , go back to  interview mode and go back till you find where the  questions was mishandled.

If you need more help, please say so in comments

View solution in original post

2 Replies
crodgxxx

It was an input error on my part which I found in the edit - - had a typo in the Taxable Amount entry on the form.
pk
Level 15
Level 15

since you are on a windows machine, go to the forms mode ( on the top ribbon select "edit" and then from the drop down select "forms") and go through the form1040 and then schedule-1  and follow through to see where the error is coming from.  Do not make corrections on the forms . Once you know where the error is , go back to  interview mode and go back till you find where the  questions was mishandled.

If you need more help, please say so in comments

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies