kkettner

Roth IRA Withdrawl after 59 1/2

I want to roll over a significant amount of after tax money in my old 401K into a ROTH IRA that I have had for 10 years.  The ROTH currently only has about $10K and I will be adding $100K after tax money (not current ROTH) from the 401K.  QUESTION: can I withdraw more than $10K, including any gains, before a 5 year waiting period tax free?

macuser_22

Roth IRA Withdrawl after 59 1/2

@kkettner wrote:

Your Roth has already met the 5 year rule. Only conversions have a new 5 year period - rollovers do not.   As long as you are not converting before tax 401(k)  money to the Roth, it is simply a rollover of after-tax money from one account to another.

macuser_22

Roth IRA Withdrawl after 59 1/2

@kkettner wrote: