Solved: Roth Contribution: I'm asked what MY Roth Contribution is. Do I include contributions by my employer as company match in the maximum total I can contribute? Thank you.

Roth Contribution: I'm asked what MY Roth Contribution is. Do I include contributions by my employer as company match in the maximum total I can contribute? Thank you.

If you had a Roth retirement plan at work, contributions to it will be indicated on your W-2 in Box 12 with code:

• AA: Roth 401(k) plan.
  • BB: Roth 403(b) plan.
  • EE: Roth contributions under governmental section 457(b) plan. This amount does not apply to contributions under a tax-exempt organization section 457(b) plan.

The question within the program asking about YOUR Roth contributions is referring to/asking if you made any additional contributions outside of your employer-related contributions (e.g., at a bank, brokerage, etc.).

• AA: Roth 401(k) plan.
  • BB: Roth 403(b) plan.

The questions that TurboTax is asking about Roth contributions is about contributions to a Roth *IRA*.  Your Roth contributions are to a Roth account in an employer plan, not to a Roth IRA; your employer's plan is not an IRA.  Enter amounts shown in box 11 of your W-2 only on TurboTax's W-2 form.

Employer contributions to the plan are not reported anywhere on your tax return.