• Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dfavorat

Rollover from 401K to an annuity

I made a rollover from a Fidelity Institutional 401K account, into an Athene Annuity in 2016. I didn't receive the form 1099-R from idelity, but pulled it from my account on the web site. I also didn't receive the form 5498 from Athene, to report that it was rolled over into an annuity (also tax-deferred for retirement).  Do I need to report this?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
dmertz
Level 15

Yes, this is a rollover that must be reported even though it is considered income that is not taxable.  Enter the Form 1099-R under Wages & Income (or Personal Income) -> Retirement Plans and Social Security -> IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), then answer the follow-up questions.  If the code in box 7 of the Form 1099-R is G, simply indicate that the rollover was not to any type of Roth account.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
dmertz
Level 15

Yes, this is a rollover that must be reported even though it is considered income that is not taxable.  Enter the Form 1099-R under Wages & Income (or Personal Income) -> Retirement Plans and Social Security -> IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), then answer the follow-up questions.  If the code in box 7 of the Form 1099-R is G, simply indicate that the rollover was not to any type of Roth account.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v