cliffday0608

Retirement Distribution

I received a 1099-R and entered that into the system. Why is Turbo Tax also asking for information from a 1099-B?

I do not have a 1099-B.

gloriah5200

Retirement Distribution

TurboTax would also ask about a 1099-B if your 1099-R had an entry in the box 6 on NUA (net unrealized appreciation in selling employer's stock as part of your retirement distribution) because it is not taxed until you do sell the stock.

cliffday0608

Retirement Distribution

Box 6 of my 1099-R is blank. I tried to go back and delete the 1099R data and then rerun the review. I still got 11 errors all related to a 1099-B.

It seems like some kind of flag within the system is set to ask for 1099-B data. Is there away to reset that?

gloriah5200

Retirement Distribution

A lot of changes were made to the TurboTax software and released on 2/19/21.

Please update your TurboTax version of the software and then go back into your return and correct any entries.

It may have just been asking there was a 1099-B associated with the 1099R.  If not, you should be able to say no, I did not get one and keep on going or respond with "skip it".

Please update if you are still having difficulties in this area.