turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jennyisa
Returning Member

Why is my 2020 taxes filled using form 1099 B? I didn’t worked for the company ever in my life and my employment is self employed using form 1099 K.

2020 taxes were filed in 12/2020 but I filed with turbo tax in 4/2021.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Why is my 2020 taxes filled using form 1099 B? I didn’t worked for the company ever in my life and my employment is self employed using form 1099 K.

Where are you seeing something about a 1099B?

Do you actually have a 1099B----or did you enter some other kind of 1099 in the wrong place?

A 1099B shows transactions for stocks, bonds etc. that you owned:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/where-do-i-enter-a-1099-b/00/26612

Please explain what kind(s) of documents you are trying to enter.   There are over a dozen kinds of 1099's.    It is important to recognize what kind you have so that you enter it in the right place.   If you enter it incorrectly it will end up on the wrong line of your tax return and mess you up.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Ok ... probably a typo ... a 1099-B is sent by a broker to report stock sales.

So if you were self employed the income reported on a 1099-K would be correctly reported on a Sch C. 

jennyisa
Returning Member

Oh I see but I don’t recall getting that question when doing my taxes and plus the information states me an a address that I don’t live in and is not just one form is 7 with different ending accounts numbers but the same payer. Also it said it was filed in 12/2020 and I filed in 4/2021. But can I fixed the errors on the section of the taxes? And thank you for taking the time to respond back to me. 

jennyisa
Returning Member

That might be the case but is just that is about 7 forms and I don’t do mistakes like that big, especially on something that important like my taxes. I just need to figure out how to fixed the typo. Thank you for your response.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies