turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When entering the date of the payment made with my 2018 extension, Turbotax won't accept it because after 1/1/18. Any suggestions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

When entering the date of the payment made with my 2018 extension, Turbotax won't accept it because after 1/1/18. Any suggestions?

You could not even request an extension for 2018 until late March of 2019.  So when did you make a payment for your 2018 extension?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I obviously meant 1/1/19... but thanks for calling me out on my error, instead of answering my question.  I figured it out.

cwatkin
Returning Member

How did you correct this?  I think I might have made a similar error and I am struggling to figure out where to update the date.

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Be sure of you are using the 2019 program you use a 2019 date

@cwatkin

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

enter any date that works.

If you made a  payment with request or sent a check marked 'for year <20nn> extension", you will be credited.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies