Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax updated OR for a known problem with calc of OR fed tax ded this morning, 2/17. How can OR turbotax do calc without asking for my EIP 3 check I got in Mar 2021?

My OR return was rejected, turbo tax response was known problem wait for update of OR's fed ded wks.  I waited, did update this morning.  Went thru whole return and turbotax never asked for my 3rd stimulus check I received in March 2021.  No surprise rejected OR again.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Turbotax updated OR for a known problem with calc of OR fed tax ded this morning, 2/17. How can OR turbotax do calc without asking for my EIP 3 check I got in Mar 2021?

Please try filing again.  If you are unable to complete your filing, please post here for the next steps. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You haven't done any updates since my last attempt.  There are multiple posts were customers have been told the problem will be fixed/patched by Feb 24th.  Now you are saying nothing is wrong, just try over and over?

Katina S
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the e-file issue for Oregon state tax filers. Have you tried refiling your tax return?

If you have and you have the same issue, would you let us know here so we can further assist you?

@jconolly

I have just resent my OR return e-file.  The past three or four attempts have rejected within 30 minutes ...

40 minutes and counting, so far no reject.

I had re tried multiple times on Thursday the 17th and once on the 18th with all attempts rejected.  I had worked on a friends return late on Thursday and Turbo tax said at that time Oregon forms were not available.  I had seen no program or Oregon updates since early on the 17th ... so the logical assumption was that it wasn't fixed until another update came through and there were none.

Still in pending status. 

So why did my return reject within 30 or 45 minutes on the 17th after I had applied the 2/17 Program and OR updates and "fixed" my tax return? 

Did Turbo tax do something yesterday, Feb18th, on your side to fix the problem that didn't need a client-side update?  

I would like to understand so I don't get these types of rejections again.  

Oregon return accepted!!!   

I would still like to understand why I was rejected on Feb 17th after updating Turbotax, 

but was accepted 2 days later with no further updates from Turbotax. 

It shouldn't be a secret, especially if you want Oregon customers to return next year.                                                                    

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

There were several forms from different states not ready, so it was causing many state returns to not be accepted. I am glad to hear your return is now transmitted .successfully @jconolly

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies