Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo tax reports incorrect 1099-R gross distribution amount

1099-R is inputted showing correct amount in box 1 and box 2a.  Turbotax form, however, shows correct amount for box 2a but incorrect amount for box 1.  Why might that be?  (box 2b is unchecked; Distribution code is 7D.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

After double-checking your input entries, you can delete the form and try again. If that doesn't work,  is also a good idea to clear your cache and cookies and log out of TurboTax and re-enter it.

I deleted and entered several times.  Finally, I went to the form itself and corrected the entry.  (The "Easy step" never got the number right.  But changing it on the form did.

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

It is helpful to know that it was imported. That way, we have more information and can guide you better.

It was not imported.  It was typed in during the "Easy" process.  What was typed in was ignored.  (Repeatedly) Only changed when the form itself was edited.

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Is the problem now corrected or are you still having issues?

The problem was corrected by changing the number on the form.  The problem remains, if I were to use Easy Step.

bluwater

As of 9/29/22, Turbo Tax is reporting incorrect 1099R gross distribution amount, despite typing it in several times. Despite deleting the entire 1099 and re-entering. I went to the forms directly and the forms show it correctly, but in the walk-through area, Turbo Tax shows the Wrong amount. Very problematic. I certainly don't want to have turbo tax willynilly adding more than what is on the actual 1099R received. How do I get this fixed? All the "usual" "fixes" listed below have already been done and it still is not reporting correctly. 

So is 1040 line 4a or 5a correct? Where is it showing wrong?   Maybe you have another 1099R started?  Look around.  Sounds like you have the Desktop program?  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies