Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

rrh
Level 3

There is a potential issue with the calculation of your Taxable Inherited IRA.

Went on TT today and got a message that my problem had been fixed and was ready to file again.

Went thru the process, e-filed again and surprise !  Rejected again by the Feds and the State ...

Is anyone at TT paying attention???

What is the Federal reject message and reject code?

Are you using the online or CD/download desktop version  of TurboTax?

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
rrh
Level 3

It was rejected via email.  I did not see a "code" listed; however, the explanation for the reject was:

"FED_Taxable_Inherited_IRA - There is a potential issue with the calculation of your Taxable Inherited IRA."

I do not and never have had an inherited IRA and verified it was not indicated as such on my entries.

I was able to e-file just now. My federal return has been accepted. I think state will follow. When I log into TurboTax it does indicate that the problem should be fixed by a software update.

I encourage people to try again now, especially those with underpayment penalties. Every passing day is a day we pay Uncle Sam more interest.

rrh
Level 3

Went back in and tried again.  Got an email back that my Federal return was accepted, Yay!  Hopefully will soon hear the same from the State ...

Looks like the issue is finally resolved. I resubmitted and it was just accepted. I did not have an inherited IRA, just the backdoor roth and an underpayment penalty. Thank goodness this is all over with.

I'm using the online version. Do I need to go through any process to update the software? Or online version will handle update and we just need to refile? Thank you!

Online is updated by TurboTax.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

For online users with same issue, just try refile again. It works for me and both Federal and State accepted with one hour after submitted

I was able to file and was accepted today as well. 

Same for me. 

I refiled again earlier this afternoon, and just received notice that my return was accepted. It looks like they have fixed the bug.

mo43 mo43
Returning Member

I "DO NOT" have an inherited IRA, but I am unable to e-file my state return for that bogus reason.  Is Turbo Tax doing anything about this issue? Unless I see a vast improvement in Turbo Tax, I will be looking elsewhere for Tax programs in the future!

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

@mo43 mo43 This issue has been reported to be fixed. Please update your software, to receive the latest updates. 

If you are using the Online software, please make sure your browser is up-to-date, also clear your cache and cookies on your browser or switch browsers.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hello I think I am accidentally being claimed as a dependent on someone else’s taxes and I shouldn’t be. This has affected my total return. How do I fix this?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies