Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

burkard99

state income tax - only lived there 3 months

I moved after living in Oregon for 3 months last year. My pension (1099-R) and social security had previously been subject to state income tax that I declared on the yearly  tax form.  Since Turbo tax imports all my income  from the federal return, how do I "tell" it to only calculate state taxes on those 3 months?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
TomD8
Level 15

Be sure you are filing a part-year resident Oregon return (Oregon Form OR-40-P).  As you go through the questions in TurboTax for the Oregon return, you should come to a page on which you allocate a portion of your income to OR.  The breakdown will then appear on Lines 16 and 19 of your OR-40-P.

https://www.oregon.gov/dor/forms/FormsPubs/form-or-40-p_101-055_2020.pdf

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
burkard99

Thanks for the reply. As I am a Washington resident  now, I began Turbo Tax with my new address. When I came to the State portion (Oregon) it treats me as a NON-resident. I can't figure out how to change this so that I become "part-time". Can you help me with this?

TomD8
Level 15

Go back to the Personal Info section of TT and click Edit next to your name.  Enter Washington as your State of Residence.  Then answer YES to the question about living in another state.   On the drop-down that appears, select Oregon and enter the date you began living in your new home in WA.

Under Other State Income in the Personal Info section, make sure it says None.  

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
burkard99

Thanks!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies