Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

On the enter MDHHS and FIP assistance benefits, for total benefits received, what is TurboTax looking for?

do I have to pay taxes on Medicaid or food (EBT)?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

On the enter MDHHS and FIP assistance benefits, for total benefits received, what is TurboTax looking for?

No,  you don't. It's hard to know why you are being asked without knowing where you are in the program. One guess is you are being asked your nontaxable income or what money you receive to determine support.

I was on the State portion and it asked for total benefits received for FIP assistance and MDHHS assistance.  I receive food benefits (EBT) and Medicaid.  I DO NOT receive cash assistance.  I received a 1095-B form from Michigan Department of Health and Human Services but it only has my name, address, social security number, MDHHS's EIN number, and the months of coverage for me which was April through December.  It has no dollar amount on there so when I got to the question asking total benefits received on TurboTax I didn't know what to put.  I called MDHHS this morning and they said that is the only form they send out and the lady there told me she said she did not know what TurboTax was asking on that question I had on my taxes.  

If there is no amount given, leave it blank or put a $0.  The FIP assistance that you receive is not taxable.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies