turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My 1099-R cannot be uploaded because it says the IRS hasn’t provided details on handling coronavirus related disbursements. When will that info be ready?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My 1099-R cannot be uploaded because it says the IRS hasn’t provided details on handling coronavirus related disbursements. When will that info be ready?

Thanks for your reply. Though you just rephrased my question, I was able to locate the information so I’ll share it for anyone else that may need it. It’s actually called an 8915-D form and will be available 2/18/2021. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

As indicated, the IRS has not yet released the form to do this, nor have they said when they will do so.

Thanks for your reply. Though you just rephrased my question, I was able to locate the information so I’ll share it for anyone else that may need it. It’s actually called an 8915-D form and will be available 2/18/2021. 

@samanthamarie-fo 

For the vast majority of  COVID-related 1099-R issues, it is likely the 8915-E ....and not the "D". 

( But I can't know if your particular problem uses the "D" or not  :(

"Coronavirus-related distributions. The coronavirus is the only qualified 2020 disaster reportable on Form 8915-E. If you, your spouse, your dependent, or a member of your household was impacted by the coronavirus and you made withdrawals from your retirement plan in 2020 before December 31, you may have coronavirus-related distributions eligible for special tax benefits on Form 8915-E"

Here's the initial "Draft" form from Nov of 2020, but it's still undergoing edits......so what will it look like in the end ?????

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-dft/i8915e--dft.pdf

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
dmertz
Level 15

Form 8915-D is for reporting qualified disaster distributions related to storms, flooding and wildfires that occurred in 2019.  It has nothing to do with reporting coronavirus-related distributions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies