Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 8915-F, Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments is providing invalid information for a Coronavirus-related distribution. Any ETA on a fix?

Took a Coronavirus-related distribution in 2020.  TurboTax is filling in the wrong line (C) on form 8915-F.  Only line D should be used.  I followed TurboTax's recommended fix but it doesn't work.  I can't find any other way of overriding this.  Any ideas?  Has this already been identified as a bug?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Form 8915-F, Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments is providing invalid information for a Coronavirus-related distribution. Any ETA on a fix?

I've seen a few posts from others with this problem.  A few workarounds were published (unchecking the box, etc; deleting the Form8915).  I've tried both and it doesn't fix the issue.  Box C on Form 8915 is still showing COVID-19.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

If you're using TurboTax Desktop, go to FORMS and Open Form 8915.  See you can delete 'Coronavirus' from Line C. 

@chaltrye 

before:

TTax.JPG

after:

xaCapture.JPG

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Is there anyway to do this with TurboTax online? I don’t have the desktop version.

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

If you are still dealing with rejection errors because of it @DanaB27 has a solution in this thread to help you.

@chaltrye 

Hi, thanks did the reply. Per my post above I’ve tried both of these fixes. The form didn’t change and still shows Covid 19 in box C. Not sure what else I can do. This seems to be a software error. Is there a fix coming?

DanaB27
Expert Alumni

Please confirm that you tried to delete both "Form 8915-F" and "Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Distr". Deleting only Form 8915-F won't be enough you need to delete the "Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Distr" Worksheet too.

If none of the posted solutions worked to remove the line C entry then it would be helpful to have a TurboTax ".tax2022" file that is experiencing this issue. You can send us a “diagnostic” file that has your “numbers” but not your personal information. If you would like to do this, here are the instructions for TurboTax Online

1. From the left menu select Tax Tools. 
  2. Then select Tools below Tax Tools. 
  3. A window will pop up which says Tools Center.  
  4. On this screen, select Share my file with Agent. 
  5. You will see a message explaining what the diagnostic copy is. Click okay through this screen and then you will get a Token number. 
  6. Reply to this thread with your Token number. This will allow us to open a copy of your return without seeing any personal information.  

We will then be able to see exactly what you are seeing and we can determine what exactly is going on in your return and provide you with a resolution.

@chaltrye 

I ended up finding the solution on a different thread.  I did end up deleting both worksheets, but also had to follow a few additional steps so the original problem wouldn't repeat itself.

In any case, the problem is now resolved.  Thank you for your assistance.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies