turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

keeps asking

Im retired ,and on my Pa state taxes they want me to enter my unemployment 

Like company , address ect

I did not collect any UE or W2 form and won't let to continue

how can I fix this????

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

keeps asking

You enter your unemployment income in the federal section of TurboTax. It is in the income area under "Unemployment". You need to look in that section and see if you entered anything for unemployment. If you did, you should see an option to delete that entry. Once you do so, the state program should not request information regarding it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

keeps asking

You enter your unemployment income in the federal section of TurboTax. It is in the income area under "Unemployment". You need to look in that section and see if you entered anything for unemployment. If you did, you should see an option to delete that entry. Once you do so, the state program should not request information regarding it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
MDale1

keeps asking

I have entered NOTHING in the Unemployed section of the income/tax section (we are retired and have no such income) ....but the final review section says there is a UE error and keeps asking for an employer address. How do I get past this 

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

keeps asking

Sometimes forms are triggered by information transferred from the previous year.  Does the error message specifically reference unemployment or is it perhaps referring to PA Schedule UE to report unreimbursed employee business expenses?

In any event, you can check your list of forms to see if either the federal 1099-G for unemployment payments or the PA Schedule UE have been generated.  If so, you can just delete them, using these steps:

TurboTax Online

1. While in your return, click on Tax Tools > Tools (in the black bar at the side of your screen).  
  2. In the Tools Center, under Other helpful links click on Delete a form.
  3. Click Delete next to the form you want to delete and follow the onscreen instructions. 
  4. Once you have finished deleting the desired form(s) click the Continue with My Return box (in the lower right of your screen).

TurboTax CD/Download

1. Go into Forms Mode by clicking on the Forms icon in the top right of the blue bar
  2. In the Forms in My Return list on the left, click on the form you wish to open and delete.
  3. Click on the Delete Form box at the bottom of the screen.
  4. To return to the interview, click on the Step-By-Step icon in the top right of the blue bar.  
mirosine
Returning Member

keeps asking

I am retired and have no W2's, nor am i self-employed

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

keeps asking

Sometimes forms are triggered by information transferred from the previous year.  If you do not need PA Schedule UE - Unreimbursed Business Expenses you can delete it from your return using these steps:

TurboTax Online

1. While in your return, click on Tax Tools > Tools (in the black bar at the side of your screen).  
  2. In the Tools Center, under Other helpful links click on Delete a form.
  3. Click Delete next to the form you want to delete and follow the onscreen instructions. 
  4. Once you have finished deleting the desired form(s) click the Continue with My Return box (in the lower right of your screen).

TurboTax CD/Download

1. Go into Forms Mode by clicking on the Forms icon in the top right of the blue bar
  2. In the Forms in My Return list on the left, click on the form you wish to open and delete.
  3. Click on the Delete Form box at the bottom of the screen.
  4. To return to the interview, click on the Step-By-Step icon in the top right of the blue bar.  

@mirosine

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies