turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

xhzhao

In the end, i got this message: form 8915b-s qualified 2017 disaster retirement plan distributions cannot e-file. actually i did not claim anything about issue?

i have nothing to do with 2017 disaster retirement?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

In the end, i got this message: form 8915b-s qualified 2017 disaster retirement plan distributions cannot e-file. actually i did not claim anything about issue?

It may be that there is a Form 8915 Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan hung in the return from something transferring in from the prior year.

Here are the directions to delete the form from your return. This will delete both the form and the entries.  If it rebuilds, sometimes there is another form recreating it and both have to be deleted to clear that information. In TurboTax Online:

1. To Delete a Form, go to the black menu bar on the left
  2. Click on Tax Tools
  3. Click on Tools
  4. Under Other helpful links, click on Delete a Form
  5. Scroll down and check for Form 8915 and if there is one, click on Delete
  6. Click on the blue Delete Selected Form
  7. At the bottom, Continue
  8. At the bottom, Continue with my Return

If deleting the form does not clear the error, to clarify, we would like to take a deeper look at this. It would help to have a diagnostic file, which is a sanitized copy of your tax return that has all of your personal information removed but has all of the forms and numbers entered. You can send one to us by following the directions below and posting the token number here, so we can access the sanitized return.

TurboTax Online:

1. Sign in to your online account
  2. Click on Tax Tools on the left toolbar
  3. Select Tools
  4. In the pop-up screen, click on "Share my file with agent"
  5. Click OK on the message that a diagnostic file will be sanitized and transmitted to us
  6. Please post the Token Number

TurboTax Desktop/Download Versions:

1. Open your return
  2. Click the Online tab in the top menu bar
  3. Select "Send Tax File to Agent"
  4. Click Send on the message, and the tax file will be sanitized and transmitted to us
  5. Please post the Token Number

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
xhzhao

Dear Teresa,

Thank you for your reply, you are very helpful. I deleted 8915B-S form, but it still show that i have 8915A or 8915B or 8915C or 8915D which I could not find on deleting list. the message as below:  

Here are the details:

You have form8915A or 8915B or 8915C or 8915D,Qualified disaster retirement plan distributions and repayments in this return. Donot worry, even though you are unable to e file your return, we will help you file your return by mail.

I wonder if 8915 form is Covid-19 stimulating we received? otherwise, i have no ideas at all? Please help with this issue again please. i know you told to share my file with you, i am not sure how to do? 

Thank you so much,

Mrs Zhao

KristinaK
Employee Tax Expert

Mrs. Zhao, would you mind providing us with a Token Number following the steps described by TeresaM above? 

Thank you!

@xhzhao

xhzhao

Hi, thank you for your reply, I do not have Token Number? Anyway, I deleted the 8915B-S form by your help. But it was still problems. Then I will mail my returns rather than E-files.

KristinaK
Employee Tax Expert

Here is how you can generate a token number @xhzhao 

TurboTax Online:

1. Sign in to your online account
  2. Click on Tax Tools on the left toolbar
  3. Select Tools
  4. In the pop-up screen, click on "Share my file with agent"
  5. Click OK on the message that a diagnostic file will be sanitized and transmitted to us
  6. Please post the Token Number

TurboTax Desktop/Download Versions:

1. Open your return
  2. Click the Online tab in the top menu bar
  3. Select "Send Tax File to Agent"
  4. Click Send on the message, and the tax file will be sanitized and transmitted to us
  5. Please post the Token Number
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies