turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If Box 4 isn't included in my 1099-NEC form, what should I do? Should I contact my employer for this information?

My 1099-NEC form includes only Box 1, but TurboTax wants me to fill out Box 4 as well. I don't have this information and TurboTax will not let me continue until I fill out Box 4.  What do you suggest I do?Thanks for your help!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

If Box 4 isn't included in my 1099-NEC form, what should I do? Should I contact my employer for this information?

Box 4 is for federal tax withholding.  If you did not withhold any federal taxes, you may try to enter zero.  If you have withheld and box 4 does not show the amount, you might need to contact your employer for a corrected 1099-NEC. 

The federal fax withholding will be included in the amount on line 25 of your Form 1040.  This will likely reduce your taxes.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Box 4 is for federal tax withholding.  If you did not withhold any federal taxes, you may try to enter zero.  If you have withheld and box 4 does not show the amount, you might need to contact your employer for a corrected 1099-NEC. 

The federal fax withholding will be included in the amount on line 25 of your Form 1040.  This will likely reduce your taxes.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies