turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I took a withdrawal from my 401K after the age of 591/2. However whenever I check the no box I didn't take the money before 591/2, it defaults to the yes box?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I took a withdrawal from my 401K after the age of 591/2. However whenever I check the no box I didn't take the money before 591/2, it defaults to the yes box?

That is the default answer, and when you answer it and continue you are fine and your answer stays. 

It is the way the programing works, so do not worry about this and just make sure when you are finished there is no early withdrawal penalty.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

That is the default answer, and when you answer it and continue you are fine and your answer stays. 

It is the way the programing works, so do not worry about this and just make sure when you are finished there is no early withdrawal penalty.

I am having the same issue.  I click no I did not receive it prior to being 59 1/2 and I check the no back it goes back to the yes box every single time.  I have done it dozens of time.  Is my 1099r incorrect is that causing this or is it a flaw in Turbo tax. 

I am having the same issue.  I did not take my 401k prior to being 59 1/2 and I check the no box it goes back to the yes box every single time.  Is this a flaw in Turbo Tax or is my 1099r incorrect.  How do I fix it. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies