turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received a 1099-r form from MassMutual. Turbotax is asking for the account number which I have and a document ID and I dont know where to find that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

I received a 1099-r form from MassMutual. Turbotax is asking for the account number which I have and a document ID and I dont know where to find that?

On the 1099-R entry screen in TurboTax, only the Federal ID is required. There is no box for an account number or document ID. These are not required.

If you have seen these questions elsewhere in TurboTax, let me know and I'll try to help further.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
alyluvenviro
Returning Member

When I click to file my 1099-R form it requests that I fill out an account number and document ID too. Is there another way to get around that since I'm missing the document ID number?

KnightJ
Returning Member

Hello @MinhT1  / Team,

I see "Account Number" and "Document ID" while importing 1099-R from "MassMutual Trust Company, FSB".

Please see screen shot below.

I am using "TurboTax Premier 2021" desktop download software.

Please see attached screenshot below:

Turbotax_massmutual_1099-R_import.jpg

BillM223
Expert Alumni

So, are you saying that you don't see an account number or a Document ID from the top of your 1099 statement? I assume that MassMutual mailed you a copy of the document that you are trying to download, right?

@KnightJ

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies